Yahoo! is going head-to-head with Google by releasing a free web analytics package.
Yahoo! Web Analytics has just gone into private beta, so it will probably be early next year until it’s open for everyone to sign-up. However, the initial reaction of those who have used it seems positive.
Yahoo! have built on the IndexTools system, which they bought in April 2008. Changes they have made include a redesigned website, increased scalability and compliance, single sign-on and integration with your Yahoo! account. The new dashboard has also received a rather beautiful makeover:
Some of the features are:
- Customisable dashboards
- Custom goals, custom reporting and custom fields
- Multiple dashboards for various individuals
- Tracking of marketing campaigns
- Real-time segmentation and cost analysis
- Merchandise reporting and comparative reporting
- Scenario analysis and advanced path analysis
- Marketing workflow management